Should I Hire an Attorney to Represent my Small Business?
If you are a small business owner, you may be hesitant to contact a business lawyer Danbury, CT business owners trust. It can feel daunting, as most businesses do not want to take on the added expense of legal representation. As a small business owner, you will not want to spend money unnecessarily. There are several reasons that it is a good idea to contact Legal Sweeney. With many years of experience, you can feel confident that you are in good hands. You don’t want to find yourself in over your head with a legal situation that you are not able to manage.
There are a number of situations that most savvy business owners will be able to manage without our services. However, a business lawyer Danbury, CT owners need from Legal Sweeney can be available to you when it comes to managing more complex legal situations involving your business. Don’t wait until your situation is dire to contact us. We may be helpful in mitigating issues or providing you with preventative legal counsel so that you don’t find yourself in hot water later. You wouldn’t want a simple mistake to be the downfall of a business that you have put your heart and soul into. The following are reasons business owners should retain legal counsel:
- Implementing business contracts between yourself and people you are doing business with. This could include a number of people from clients to business partners.
- Negotiating deals for commercial space required for your business.
- We can help to prevent lawsuits that may be filed against your small business and provide representation should you require it.
- Legal Sweeney can ensure that you are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- A business lawyer Danbury, CT counts on can advise you on the best type of business to form, which will help prevent you from paying more taxes than is necessary and ensure you have a liability shield.
- Help to file the necessary patents or trademarks on any ideas or inventions and protect all your intellectual property.
- Manage legal issues with your employees that may arise.
Common Mistakes Small Businesses Make
The road to owning your own business can come with its fair share of hurdles, as a business lawyer in Danbury, CT can explain to you. It can feel rather isolating when trying to make decisions for the betterment of your business. Because of this, there are a number of common mistakes a small business owner may make along the way:
- Not detailing agreements out in writing that have been made with partners, clients and employees. This could include not having agreements surrounding business ownership, compensation of employees, profit splits with partners nd leadership of the company.
- Failing to have a shareholders agreement or operating agreement that outlines a clear plan in the event that an investor or partner wants to exit or sell the business.
- Not protecting your intellectual property such as Names, domains, products or ideas with trademarks, patents and other vehicles.
- Not having clear HR policies that are written, knowledgeable and accurate.
Although you may believe that an attorney isn’t necessary, our assistance can alleviate the headache and worry that comes with managing legal situations on your own. The process can be complicated. We can save you both time and money. Call a business lawyer Danbury, CT can look to from Legal Sweeney today.